Reading Notes: Cherokee Part A

I decided to check out the readings from the Cherokee Section. I liked this set of stories because they involved a variety of animals which I loved. Although I really enjoyed a lot of the stories I read, I have a favorite!

My favorite story from the Cherokee section was called, "Why the Possum's Tail is Bare." It stood out to me because it was something that I could see happening in real life. It is a more realistic story line compared to some of the others. I liked how this story was set up. It had a brief overview of the animals, including the possum, the jealous rabbit, and the cricket. This story was fun to read because I was able to have a wide imagination. With the cricket being a barber, I had some ideas about what to picture. This story also made me a little sad. I felt so bad for the possum because he was so proud of his busy tail, and the jealous rabbit sabotaged him.

A possum with a bare tail

Bibliography: 
"Why the Possum's Tail is Bare," By: James Mooney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to.... A future dental hygienist (hopefully)

Week 11 Story: The Vampire and His Wife