Reading Notes: Cherokee Part B

For the second part of readings, I was equally impressed as the first part. I actually had a lot of fun reading the Cherokee unit because each story was unique in the characters, but the theme seemed to be similar. Once again, I enjoyed most of these stories, but I took special notes on my favorite.

My favorite story I read was called, "The Owl Gets Married." I liked this story for many reasons. For one, I love how they expressed the relationship between the mother and daughter. It was clear that the mother wanted to absolute best for her daughter, and went out to help search for the perfect husband, ideally a hunter. When the daughter was told that her mother found a hunter for her, she agreed to marry to him. Perhaps my favorite aspect of this story is the build up to the big plot twist. The fact that the man was actually an owl was something I was not expecting at all.



An owl flying in nature

Bibliography: 
"The Owl Gets Married," By: James Mooney


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to.... A future dental hygienist (hopefully)

Week 11 Story: The Vampire and His Wife