Reading Notes: Eskimo Part B

Because I loved the first set of readings from the Eskimo folktales, I was intrigued to see what the second half readings would be like. In Part B, I actually had a couple stories I liked a lot, but my favorite one was the 3rd story I read.

Out of all of the readings, my clear favorite was, "The Eagle and the Whale." This story was unique. I liked how wildly imaginative it was. My favorite readings from this semester are typically stories that are bizarre but that have a very relatable hidden meaning. For this story, I loved how the brothers cared so deeply for their 2 sisters. Once they realized that the eagle and the whale weren't right for them, they saved them. It reminds me a lot of how my brothers would be if I ever was in danger.

An eagle flying above a whale 

Bibliography:
"The Eagle and the Whale" by: Knud Rasmussen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to.... A future dental hygienist (hopefully)

Week 11 Story: The Vampire and His Wife