Extra Reading: Nursery Rhymes

I decided to explore different readings from future weeks in the book. I have been eagerly waiting for the week where I will be able to read nursery rhymes, so I went ahead and started reading a few. My favorite nursery rhyme from the options is "Peter Piper." I have always loved this nursery rhyme because I can remember being young and always trying to master the tongue twister that is present in this nursery rhyme. When I was reading it, it brought me back to those days. It is a very simple nursery rhyme, but it is also very complex in the way it is written. That is why I love it so much now and can appreciate it so much more as an adult. Nursery rhymes has always been interesting to me because they are all so creative. Peter Piper is extremely unique and creative, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to be taken back into my childhood.

Little Peter Piper 

Bibliography:
"Peter Piper" by: John Harris
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Piper

Comments

  1. Hi there!
    I also love nursery rhymes! Since I am Indian, my parents never read me nursery rhymes nor did I ever explore it myself when I was younger. Once I got older, my teachers would read some during class. That's how I started to love them! Not only are they creative, but it is like a little word game! Like you, Peter Piper is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to.... A future dental hygienist (hopefully)

Week 11 Story: The Vampire and His Wife